Wednesday, April 27, 2011

song

i was drowning myself
with all the air i could breathe
i couldn't feel the heat or cold
the sunlight embarrassed me to no end
i close my eyes and no face comes to mind
i couldn't dream a fuckin thing
i was starving on a full belly
i kept letting my time spill all over the kitchen floor
when would i stop staring at that screen..
fatter and fatter i grew
would no one tell me how long i've really been gone?
i was made of paper and ash
what happened to my super power???
was i ever anything without it?
i needed to say no
i needed to embrace denial
all of you helped me down that staircase
i feel so snug in your pity
i was only offered strangers' hands
disgust crept, and became a film over my eyeball
every daybreak broke a little of me and cookie
my thoughts are different now
and soon they will add up
brushing off the bruises and the leaves
nothing is empty
eventually
everyplace i enter and
everyplace i go and
everyone i meet
i'll fill
your logic is suffocating

No comments:

Post a Comment