Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You.

My heart swells.
 Literally, I think.
 My heart beat is irregular and my breathing slightly disturbed. This is not your doing. You start to talk and everything in me listens. I'm calmed and missing. All melts away. I'm not tense or sad. Disappointed or in yearning for you. I already have you. Years could pass and you could pass through a million hands with every intention touching your heart mind body and soul and i'd still have you. You know it too. This is why I leave you smiling. This is why i feel euphoric as I drive away or hang up the phone.

 You leave me satisfied.

 This is not about ego, attraction or intelligence (although you do not fail in any of those aspects), nor is it about love or desire (even though you instill these feelings in me). I know its not these because at this moment your not here. This would not give you any power or added confidence because you don't need any. You get plenty of attention and praise from others close to you, you don't need mine (but you like mine because it sounds like your own voice). 


You might not read this and even if you do, you might not think its about you. My eyes start to water sometimes when I think of you. Just for a minute and then its passes. A little release because you give me something better than love:
 You make my world timeless.
 You make me eternal.
 You do this for no one else and you do it just by being. Its so simple like an idea or a candle. I expect nothing from you. I live my life from day to day and and I talk to you when I talk to you and I see you when i see you. Of course it would be nice if i could have these moments more frequently or whenever I chose to; but like all gifts, they can be used, abused, misunderstood and broken. They can rust if left untouched by misguided hands. They can be stolen lost or simply forgotten.
 I choose not to waste my little grain of Fantasia sand. I hold on to whats left with gentle hands, feeling it grow as we grow and enjoying every moment we have until we... well, we'll find out won't we?

 

1 comment: